As its name suggests, the Quitzow family strongly influenced the church in Rühstädt. The late-Gothic brick building from the middle of the 15th century was renovated in 1722 with baroque elements and extended with a massive tower in 1733. The church stands in a large square directly opposite the castle.
In the interior of the church, on the left of the altar, there is a wall epitaph to Dietrich von Quitzow, who was slain in Legde in 1593. There is also one on the right to Dietrich von Quitzow, who died in 1563, and the two tombs are concealed within the floor. The church also houses a bronze sarcophagus for the late General Field Marshal and Minister of State Friedrich Wilhelm von Grumbkow. The late-Gothic murals in the vaulted apse behind the altar are most impressive. The church was extensively restored in 1890. The late-Gothic winged altar dating from the middle of the 15th century depicts the coronation of Mary with the apostles flanking her. It was restored in 2010. The organ from 1738 is by Berlin-based Joachim Wagner.