The town of Kyritz is dominated by the double towered frontage of St.Marienkirche Church, which was built in 1850 based on a design by the then Prussian Master builder and architect Friedrich August Stüler. The oldest parts of the church date back to the 13th and 14th centuries. Noteworthy features of the church include the baptismal font from the 13th century, the “The Crucifixion of Christ” painting from the Rubens School, the late-Gothic sculpture of "Anna Selbtritt” and the figure of "Mary with Child Jesus" from the 15th century. The church also features a baroque pulpit from 1714, the Reubke organ from 1873, stained glass windows from 1904 and 1926 and the late-Gothic St. Achatius altar dating back to 1480 from the church in Brüsenhagen. Concerts are held several times a year in the St. Marienkirche Church.