The Heilig-Geist-Kirche, the Church of the Holy Spirit, is almost as old as St. Mary’s, but primarily served as a place of worship for merchants and travellers rather than for the population of the town. Many of them will also have been pilgrims. The Reformation took place in Wittstock in this church. It was a former Franciscan monk who, for the first time, held the Last Supper in both forms here in September 1549. A devastating town fire in 1716 devastated this church as well. Its present appearance therefore dates back to the period after 1730.
The northern end of the historic town centre is marked by the Gröper Gate. The brick ornamentation suggests that the people of Wittstock had a sense about beautifying their town some 700 years ago. Long before the invention of the car, the opening in the gate became too narrow and a passage was created by making an opening in the wall.