The 36-metre high tower of the Baroque town church is clearly visible in Lindow (Mark). Lindow Neustadt was given its own parish church as early as 1457. It was a fieldstone building whose wooden tower stood by the road – as is the case with the present church building. Two fires in the middle of the 18th century destroyed the old town church as well as the town houses in the southern and northern outskirts. The Protestant church with its famous Sauer organ (dating back to around 1900), built between 1751 and 1755 by master builder Georg Christoph Berger, is one of the most beautiful and distinctive churches in Mark Brandenburg. The orientation of the tower to the east and the pulpit altar in the middle of the church remain exceptional features. The restored stained glass windows with the motifs of the crucifixion and the resurrection of Jesus are a magnificent sight when the sun shines through them. During the period of Frederick the Great, an hourglass was placed next to the pulpit so it was always possible to keep an eye on the duration of the sermon. The church can be visited during the opening hours as posted.