The brick building of the village church in Kleinzerlang with its light-coloured plaster surfaces, colourful rose windows, hipped roof and lateral tower is an impressive modernist building. Designed by district building inspector Volkers, the church was consecrated in 1896. Kleinzerlang is a colonist village newly founded by King Frederick II in 1752. The first church in half-timbered construction was built in 1783. After its demolition, the bell was preserved and can now be seen in the adjoining cemetery. It bears the names of six local farmers.
The modern architectural style of the present church is echoed in the tasteful design of the interior: local craftsmen created the wooden ceiling design, gallery and pulpit with preacher’s cabin. A curtain painting in muted green in the sanctuary matches the simple brick altar.