The post office building was erected between 1925 and 1927 in a central location on Bahnhofsplatz to complete the existing ensemble of the station building and grammar school. This two-storey, L-shaped functional structure with a 15-axis façade facing the station square was equipped with the state-of-the-art post office communication equipment of the time. The façade is dominated by a neo-Classical portal zone with a gabled central avant-corps resting on eight angular columns, the plaster façade of which originally featured an eagle on a globe and the date 1926. This decorative element was removed after the war. In front of the central three axes, a balcony resting on four columns is installed as a roof over the entrance area.
The surviving sculptures by an unknown artist are a special feature here: each with two heads to the right and left of the entrance portal, they depict typical post office professions – the historical postillion with official cockade, the counter clerk with peaked cap, the telegraph operator with headphones and the telegram deliverer or express messenger with motorbike goggles and leather helmet.