The former church from the 13th century was destroyed by the great fire of 1787. Between 1801 and 1806 the parish church of St. Mary was rebuilt as a transverse hall-type church. Since 2002 it has been the Fontane town’s magnificent cultural and congress centre. And since November of 2011 the municipal department of culture runs the modern venue. Numerous concerts, congresses, conferences, exhibitions and gala events are held at the Kulturkirche Neuruppin nowadays.