Rheinsberg – according to Kurt Tucholsky “a picture book for lovers”: it is the site of Old Fritz’s castle when he was young and Prince Henry’s “Court of the Muses”. Rheinsberg hosts Rheinsberg House Chamber Opera in July/August – the annual festival for young singers – and is also home to the music academy and Schlosstheater with their weekly concerts and performances, not to mention traditional ceramic studios and an annual pottery market: set amid charming lakeland scenery, the town is very much dedicated to the preservation of rare cultural assets and the protection of the unspoilt natural environment.
Rheinsberg tourist information centre offers the following services:
- Arrangement of hotel and guest house rooms, holiday homes and apartments
- Arrangement of guided tours of Rheinsberg House and Park, the town, ceramic studios, church etc.
- Organisation of group trips
- Sale of tickets for performances at the Schlosstheater, Heckentheater, tickets for Netzeband Summer Theatre Festival, Hertha tickets, etc.
- Sale of travel literature, maps, souvenirs