The former lock complex is located at the mouth of the Malz Canal going into the Oder-Havel Canal. With the extension of the Oder-Havel Canal, the Malz Canal was no longer needed, so the older of the two chambers was closed in 1930 and converted into a weir. In 1975 the second chamber was also converted into a weir. The former lock is now only used to regulate the water level.
Portage is possible at the weirs on the northern bank with lighter boats. The entire former lock complex has to be walked around on a field path. As the water levels on the two waters differ by more than five metres, launch and recovery should only be attempted by experienced paddlers.