Ratzdorf is located directly on the Oder-Neiße estuary and it is a popular destination for a day out at any time of the year. Thanks to its favourable location, the small village can look back on a very special history. Visitors taking a stroll through the former shipping village can feel and see its maritime flair. The story of the church is also very unusual. A little parish barn was converted into a modest church in 1958. Ratzdorf’s residents could no longer reach their old church in Kuschern by ferry, after the border along Oder and Neiße had been established.
The church in Ratzdorf is among the very few places of worship that were built during the GDR era. A tower was added to the former parish barn and the interior was embellished accordingly. In recent years, the church has been carefully refurbished, making it a hidden treasure of the region. Guests wishing to take a break from everyday life are very welcome at the exhibition and cyclists’ church.