The old village center of Lichtenow is located about one kilometer north of the federal highway B 1. In the middle of this old village center stands the small village church. It was built in 1499 as a late Gothic, rectangular fieldstone building. There are three bells in the tower above the west gable. The baptismal font dates from the 18th century. In 1898 an organ was installed by the company Albert Lang from Berlin, which is still in use today.