A restaurant was first established on the farm on the Oder dyke around 1803. Overnight accommodation was soon added as business was going well. By 1893, demand for space was so great that the festivity hall was added. Great-grandpa Wilhelm Rochlitz took over the inn in 1918. He and his wife Anna managed the business for 27 years. The inn is now operated by the third generation of the Rochlitz family.
The building is located right on the Oder-Neiße Cycle Path (dyke kilometre 39.4) and in immediate vicinity of Kienitz harbour. Services include overnight accommodation, a restaurant serving traditional German fare and a parking area for campers and caravans that is open during the summer season.