The mighty granary in Straupitz that was built in 1798 is home not only to the village museum, but it is also a meeting place for locals and visitors. The entrance area of the impressive building is an open and comfortable room, where guests can enjoy home-made cake along with a cup of tea or coffee. Tables and benches are set up outside the granary on fair days. Guests can watch Straupitz’ punting boat harbour from here. The café is open from March to September, and opening hours are based on those of the granary.
The premises are frequently used as an event venue, too. There are, for example, literary readings or lectures held by the village historian. Special occasions are also celebrated here.