The railway carriage in front of the tourist information centre in Goyatz is a reminder of the railway station that used to be operation here: Goyatz was the start and finish of the route. The carriage contains an exhibition about the Spreewald Railway.
The Spreewald Railway (in Lower Sorbian: Błośańska zeleznica) was a 1-metre narrow-gauge railway that operated in the Spreewald region. It was opened on June 29, 1898 and ran to Lübben, Goyatz, Lieberose and Cottbus. Popularly known by the name of Bimmelguste, it transported passengers and goods for about 70 years, until freight traffic was discontinued in 1968, followed by passenger traffic about two years later. The railway line and the stop in Goyatz were particularly important from an economic point of view.