The palace´ grounds designed in the style of the English landscape garden were established in the course of the palace’s new construction between 1817 and 1820. Among the oldest buildings preserved are the half-timbered “Efeuhaus” from 1746 and the “Gerichtskanzlei” dating back to the year 1748. The new construction was carried out under the direction of the gardener Johan Erdmann Freschke from Cottbus and later under his son, Heinrich Wilhelm Freschke, chief gardener at “Branitz Schlosspark” who had served Prince Herrmann Fürst von Pückler since 1852. The palace grounds were further embellished around the year 1850 by creating ponds, moats, paths and bridges in the park. The palace hotel’s stylish terrace affords a marvellous park view of the Orangery.