The village church in Annenwalde was built in 1833, as a plastered classicist building without a steeple. The structure that was designed by Karl Friedrich Schinkel and built by Heinrich Hermann, is characterised by its harmonious shapes. The small bronze bell in the free-standing bell frame is well-worth seeing, and so is the wooden barrel vaulting with its white and gold-coloured starry sky. The continuous galleries on both long sides are supported by 5 Doric columns each that are draped in paper and fabric and painted. Resembling Greek pillars, they are typical of Schinkel’s construction style featuring great effects achieved with simple means.