From the adoption of the Lutheran faith until the middle of the 19th century, there were only few Catholics in Angermünde that were catered for from Eberswalde. A Catholic congregation was only established when traders from Westphalia and Eichsfeld, Catholic military members and Polish farmhands moved to the area. From 1853, a residential house on Klosterstrasse opposite the monastery church was used as a chapel. The community was officially recognised in 1893 and permitted to built its on church one year later. The church was solemnly inaugurated on November 8, 1894. The site is located in the area of the former moat of the town’s fortification. The church has been damaged by water multiple times. A separate vicarage was built next to the church in 1907. After the 2nd World War, the community increased temporarily to more than 2000 people, as refugees joined the church. In the little belfry there is a bronze bell from around 1450. Since 1988, the church has had an organ by the Sauer company.