The church was built in 1788 by George Wilhelm Berlischky. It was destroyed towards the end of the 2nd World War. On May 11, 2003 it was inaugurated again, thanks to the help of the friends’ association Freundeskreises Kirchruine Vierraden e. V..
The church nave with its open roof is used as an event venue. The steeple was reconstructed and a crucifix was added.