Cavalry captain Christoph von der Osten had Wartin Castle built in 1695 as a manor house for the feudal estate Wartin. After 1991, the castle was reconstructed and refurbished by the “Europäische Akademie” association. The association now uses the castle as a meeting place for artists and scientists from around the world. Opposite the castle, there is a riding stable.
The castle complex includes a park and garden, both of which are surrounded by natural stone and brick walls with a height of up to 5 metres.